If you’re looking for a way to increase your Facebook followers, try running a Labor Day Giveaway campaign. I’ve built the campaign around a core Facebook function that can help you use a giveaway to increase your business page’s followers.
Essentially, you run a campaign that creates engagement. Then, you can invite those people to “Like” and “Follow” your page.
Labor Day Giveaway for Facebook
Since Labor Day is a chill holiday, it works well for a social media giveaway. The goal of this giveaway is to increase your total follower count on your Facebook page using the “Invite” function.
- Giveaway: Start by creating a giveaway post . Make sure the item is a high enough value to encourage participation.
- Boosted Post: Boost your post to extend your offer’s visibility beyond your current followers.
- Page Invites: Facebook allows you to “invite” people to like your page if they either like or comment on your post.
- Extended Offer: Use the comments section to send coupon codes to everyone that participates.
This plan uses Facebook’s tools to leverage engagement to grow your page followers.
How to Set Up the Campaign
To create your campaign, write a post that reflects the details of your giveaway. Text should include:
- The name of the giveaway item and it’s value
- The rules to enter: “To enter, please like this post and comment PICK ME!”
- Notes about how you are selecting the winner, dates of contest, and date of winner announcement
- Disclaimer noting any partnerships. Also, you must clarify that Facebook is not involved with your giveaway.
Next, upload your image or graphic. Ideally, you should include at least one image of the winning item.
Once your post is written, pin it to the top of your page. Announce it on your other social media accounts and on your website, asking people to go to Facebook to enter.
Also, you can boost your post to extend the audience beyond your page followers. I’ve found that campaigns that run for 10 days get the best results. It seems to take Facebook a few days to optimize an audience, especially if it’s niche.
(Be sure to uncheck the “Instagram” placement if you don’t have an Instagram page.)
After your contest ends, select and announce your winner. You’ll want to do this in a separate post and update your original post.
Finally, comment on each of the original entries and tell them they can use a coupon code to get additional savings. It’s a way to thank them for participating. Also, it incentivizes them to enter into future contests — everyone’s a winner.
As you’re working on your final post edits, click on the post’s likes. You’ll see an option to invite everyone to like your page. Add everyone from this list and watch as your page likes and followers increase.
Free Labor Day Graphics
Below are some free graphics that you can edit with your own giveaway text. There’s room for a small message and your shop’s logo. Just download and edit in your favorite program.
Get More Free Sale Art
Follow me on Instagram and you’ll see whenever I drop new sale art.